Dea Jolly: How to choose the right furniture for your bedroom
Now writing for Domain, Dea Jolly, home renovator, designer and former The Block contestant provides simple and straightforward advice into choosing the right furniture for your bedroom.
"Bedrooms are sometimes the forgotten space in renovations, with much more time and budget spent on furnishing living areas and kitchens." - Dea Jolly, How to choose the right furniture for your bedroom
The Linear Bed and Bedside Tables in American Walnut by Curious Grace
Original article via Domain, image by Curious Grace
Here are some of Dea's simple tips
- stay away from "matchy matchy"
- maintain symmetry, bedsides on both sides is ideal
- think about where to hide your bedside bits and pieces
- add bedside lamps to create ambient lighting
Bedheads and bed frames
- consider your options: linen upholstered, leather and wood, four-poster beds and all available colours
- neutral colours lets you play with seasonal bedding colours
- keep three sides free to move around
- position to look outdoors where possible
Chairs and lounges
- bedroom accents to 'take it to another level'
- create personal retreats
- add throws
Read Dea's article in full here Dea Jolly: How to choose the right furniture for your bedroom
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Icons of Style
The place de jour for travellers, Iceland is now awash with luxurious hot springs, five-star accomodation and Michelin restaurants. Here are our top tips on how to travel to the Nordic Island and create Scandi-style for your own home. Read More
Versatile, sophisticated and functional, NOFU is furniture that makes a subtle yet stylish statement. Here, we share our top tips on how to style some of NOFU's stunning Scandinavian pieces to suit your interiors. Read More
Even as a young boy, NOFU designer Bertil Stam's desire to create ran deep. In this interview we discover how he turned this childhood passion into a prominent Danish furniture brand. Read More