Dea Jolly: How to choose the right furniture for your bedroom
Now writing for Domain, Dea Jolly, home renovator, designer and former The Block contestant provides simple and straightforward advice into choosing the right furniture for your bedroom.
"Bedrooms are sometimes the forgotten space in renovations, with much more time and budget spent on furnishing living areas and kitchens." - Dea Jolly, How to choose the right furniture for your bedroom
The Linear Bed and Bedside Tables in American Walnut by Curious Grace
Original article via Domain, image by Curious Grace
Here are some of Dea's simple tips
- stay away from "matchy matchy"
- maintain symmetry, bedsides on both sides is ideal
- think about where to hide your bedside bits and pieces
- add bedside lamps to create ambient lighting
Bedheads and bed frames
- consider your options: linen upholstered, leather and wood, four-poster beds and all available colours
- neutral colours lets you play with seasonal bedding colours
- keep three sides free to move around
- position to look outdoors where possible
Chairs and lounges
- bedroom accents to 'take it to another level'
- create personal retreats
- add throws
Read Dea's article in full here Dea Jolly: How to choose the right furniture for your bedroom
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Icons of Style
Nothing breathes life into your home more than the pieces of furniture that bring loved ones together over a meal, so we've chased up the Curious Grace design experts and asked them their best advise on how to choose the perfect dining table and chairs for you.
Armchair, occasional chair, accent chair, sofa, couch or lounge: All of these are used to describe a place to perch, but what exactly is the difference? Here, we reveal the nuances and why you need to know. Read More
For the first time in the business's history, Curious Grace has been announced as one of the top three finalists in the Australian Retailers Association’s 2018 Eftpos Australian Retail Awards. Read More